compensation: Pay starts at $11.50 an hour, based on experience. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Building Custodian Position
New Mexico International School is looking for a building custodian to join our team! This person would be responsible for cleaning the school in partner with our Head Building Custodian. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work in keeping the building clean, sanitized and something the school community proud of! The square footage to be cleaned for the 19/20 school year is approximately 45,000 square feet. (Square footage, time, and so total pay to increase in future years). The ideal candidate would also be able to perform minor repairs for building maintenance. To work well in this role prior verifiable cleaning experience is a must, and basic maintenance knowledge around minor building repairs would be a plus.
• Thorough cleaning and sanitizing of the building.
• See attached preferred cleaning schedule.
• Minor building repairs/maintenance as needed and able.
• Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs needed.
• Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
• Work with contracted cleaning services when necessary.
• Work after regular school hours/on weekends
• Verifiable prior related experience.
• Knowledge of how to clean and sanitize various hard and porous surfaces without damaging the surfaces.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to manage your time efficiently.
• Work well when supervisors are not present.
• Independent thinker and problem solver.
• Ability to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
• Pass a background check.
• Ability to provide proof to legally work in the United States.
• General knowledge of minor building repairs and maintenance
• Knowledge of or ability to learn how to maintain cleaning equipment
This is a 0.875 FTE position (35 hours a week). Retirement benefits included.
To apply for this position reply to this posting with your resume.
Daily (Monday through Thursday and one time Friday through Sunday):
• Empty trash and recycle and move to proper outside receptacles. Disinfect trash receptacles as needed.
• Through floor cleaning of Multipurpose Area and bathrooms, and Health Room. Always use separate mop for bathrooms.
• Health rooms- sanitize/mop floors and all flat surfaces
• Dust/sweep/vacuum and spot mop the floors and stairs with clean water after Health Room.
• Vacuum carpets/rugs
• Restrooms: clean and disinfect all fixtures, fill dispensers, spot clean doors and dividers and walls. Restock paper products and soap.
• Drinking fountains: disinfect and polish
• Entry doors: clean glass & jams
• Clean on and around door handles, kick plates, light switches, and stairwell handles and fixtures and other areas prone to fingerprints
• Clean front doors- interior and exterior
• Maintaining clean, weeded appearance of front and back building entrances
• When leaving, secure building and turn off lights
• Detail dusting and cleaning of all surfaces below 4’ tall, excluding student desks and computers
• Detail vacuuming, including upholstered furniture
• Clean break room/kitchen areas
• Mop tumbling mats and floor mats in music room
• Full mop of all other hard surfaces and stairs, including removing stuck on items in a way that preserves the integrity of the wax and flooring.
• Spot clean interior windows
• Clean all windows ledges and spot clean interior windows
• Dust and clean areas above 4’tall
• Buffing of hard floor surfaces
Semi-Annually (on a rotation basis or every six months):
• Stripping/waxing hard floor services
• Shampooing of carpeted areas
• Paint touch ups
This is just a guide. Any other items/areas that need added to keep the building clear will be added to this list and considered part of the Building Custodian duties
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers